P Nelson wrote:
> I am not a magician, but I will try and help.   I have been frustrated
> at times with the Logitech system.  We need to sort what exactly is the
> problem, and it not clear.   In case you are not aware, a Radio needs to
> connect to a music server which can be 1) Logitech Media Server (LMS)
> installed on a computer or 2) My Squeezebox.com (MySB) via the internet.
> To connect to the server, the Radio first needs to connect to the
> router which can be via wireless or ethernet.  (Sorry if you already
> know this, but sometimes people don't.)  Finally, you can switch between
> using LMS and MySB.  Under the main menu selecting My Music will cause
> the Radio to look for LMS.  There is an option to connect to MySB.
>
> You said, "If I leave them off for a period, they won't re-connect."
> The problem could be one, or possibly a combination, of the following:
> 1) The Radio cannot connect to the router 2) the Radio cannot connect to
> MySB 3) Radio cannot connect to LMS on your computer.
>
> The topic of this thread has been a problem with the Radios not
> connecting reliably with the router via Wi-Fi.  If you see the red Wi-Fi
> symbol, then connecting to the router might be the problem.  Try testing
> it with an ethernet connection to see if the problem goes away.  If it
> does you might have the interference problem with Wi-Fi6 standard.  (I
> have assumed you already checked that the Wi-Fi password is correct.)
>
> If you know how to connect to your router, log-in to see if your Radios
> are connected to the local network.  The first step is making sure the
> Radios are connected to your network.  If necessary, the second step
> will be trying to figure out if there is a problem connecting to LMS or
> MySB.
>
> Providing some additional details will also help.  What version of LMS?.
> On the Radio go so Settings> Advance Setting> Diagnostics> General
> Info.  What firmware version is shown?  Which server do you want to use,
> LMS or MySB?
>
> I hope this helps.  Oh, don't destroy the Radios, you can get some money
> on e-bay for them! ;)
>
> Paul

@P Nelson

Thanks for treating me like an idiot! It's refreshing. And helpful! I
really am limited on this internet stuff and you are helpful.
I don't see a switch from LMS to MySB. Maybe because one is not up?

Excepting the one on ethernet, they all have the red sign. If I pull
that cable and leave it, it will join the conspiracy and go RED! (until
rebooted)
Rebooting them always gets it out and they connect. I think the root
problem is getting them talking to each other after they've been off a
while.

When they can't connect it says "can't connect with Julie's iMac"
WIFI password is correct. When connected, SS is 100%
Both LMS and MySB won't take my old passwords. I have requested new ones
several times; it takes 12-20 hours before they respond!! AND they don't
work!!
I can open LMS in the "preferences" of my Mac ("Julie's iMac"). I can
only spectate because I can't seem to get a PW that works.

MySB.com I just got a PW for (while this site was down. I am
reconstructing the post I already made. The site was down for about 20
minutes). So now that is enabled again. In "favorites" there was always
a list of stations, then a subset that came up as "my squeezebox.com
favorites" followed by a long list of SB favorites. Informative it may
be that a couple stations on both lists were only available in the MySB
section.
Now, only the MySB section comes up, and only on one radio-the one that
also kept stored two stations that I COULD NOT GET on other radios: KKJZ
88.1 LA On the other players would display "can't find? can't connect?
with server") and JAZZ 91 Toronto which displayed a different problem I
don't remember.

LMS: ver 8.2.0
4 radios, all: 7.7.3.16676
I don't see a place in MySB that lists a version or whatever

I've hard rebooted the router several times.

Thanks so much for helping. I hope I was helpful also!