POMdev wrote:
> The sluggish/unresponsive complaint seems relevant. This could happen if
> some process is using all the processor time, or somehow all the system
> memory. Perhaps something misbehaving is hogging these resources. You
> could troubleshoot this using SSH to run 'top' to examine process CPU
> and memory values. The 'df' command displays how much flash memory is
> used and available. Of course, you have to log in via SSH before
> disconnection, run top, and keep the SSH window open until a failure.
> Hopefully, usage will "creep up" prior to the failure and you can
> identify a culprit. When the connection fails, so will the SSH
> connection, so the last result prior to failure will be still be
> displayed.
>
> Installing wlanpoke and configuring it (adding "-d /etc/log/") for
> persistent log file storage can give you info about the system prior to
> failure you can retrieve after reboot.
>
> You might consider running just the stock firmware. Also, try playing
> something completely different, e.g., a local music library, a different
> streaming service, etc. Try switching from LMS to mysqueezebox.com.
>
> Regarding the power supply, my power supplies become intermittent at the
> barrel power connector and have to be resoldered every some years. But
> these failure result in discharged batteries, or outright power off or
> reboot outcomes.
>
> Use 'tftp' to transfer log files out to a tftp server you run on your
> pc. Otherwise you can 'cat' the contents to the SSH terminal window and
> copy from there. The Radio's log files however are stored in
> non-persistent storage at /var/log, and are not that useful anyway. The
> 'dmesg' command yields more relevant info. You might add a line to
> wlanpoke to pipe a dmesg output to a text file in /etc/log on each
> failure.
>
> If you are really ambitious, you can install a TTL serial connection to
> a TTL serial-USB adapter and use this to query the system even after a
> failure (but before a reboot).

Hi POMdev. Appreciate the insight.

Have results from commands specified, as well as the messages file.
38873
38872
Memory and CPU usage appear OK, but seeing lots of link up/down
notices.
Otherwise, not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

Will factory restore again, and leave it on stock firmware.

|Filename: results.txt                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38873|