My 2c too...
I haven't used sass or anything like that yet.
I used Blueprint for a couple of projects. It's good, but wasn't super
flexible and I found that I wasn't using a lot of parts. This was quite a
while ago, it might be different now. I liked the type styles.
I then looked at 960gs. I liked that too and used it for a few projects, but
I don't really like the whole colum-4 alpha omega class thing, which was a
problem with Blueprint too.

What I've done is pull together my own little starting point, consisting of:

   - A reset
   - Typography stuff (to give a good heirarchy, consistent baseline and so
   on)
   - Form stuff
   - A simple column class which I use in conjunction with other classes
   - Some other stuff, like clearing, standard flash message stuff (error,
   success...)

I then build upon this starting point. I'm usually using everything in this
stylesheet and it works well.

I'd like to try out sass, less and so on, but for now I'm in a comfortable
place and it works pretty well for me.

Dylan