Razzak,

Thank you for the quick answer.  What you suggest is what I have done.  The
only difference is that the second for I open is also MDI.  If I open the
second without it being MDI, I can't move back and forth between the two forms,
I can only access the second form that is opened.

Here's the code from the app that opens the forms.

CONNECT custmr
PROPERTY APPLICATION TITLE 'Dispatch'
EDIT USING dispatchedjobs WHERE status='d' SORTED BY jobdate tin operator +
MDI AS dispatchwindow CAPTION 'DISPATCHED JOBS'
EDIT USING pendingjobs WHERE status='p' SORTED BY jobdate street +
MDI AS pendingwindow CAPTION 'PENDING JOBS'
RETURN

Thanks for any other ideas.

David Fowler