AASHTA - http://sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

Per Sheldon, 26 x 1 3/8 (E.A.3) three speed size = 650a = 590 mm.
Harris Cyclery shows Sun CR18 and some Weinmann rims in stock in
650a.  The Col del la Vie is available in 650a, and Schwalbe makes
several 590 tires in cluding one in creme.

Rims:  http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/rims/590.html

Tires:  http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/rims/590.html
http://www.schwalbetires.com/product_search?op0=OR&filter0%5B%5D=590-20&filter0%5B%5D=590-25&filter0%5B%5D=590-28%2F32&filter0%5B%5D=590-37&filter0%5B%5D=609-40

Grant at some point proposed a new size half way between 650b and 700c
(603?), but it's nothing more than an idea AFAIK.  Schwalbe has one
tire in 609 mm - I have no idea what that fits!

Bill