It's true that the lower gears of a derailer setup provide more torque
to the rear wheel, but in that case the force is being applied closer
to the centerline of the hub, so it's affecting both dropouts equally.
With a SS/fixed setup, the cog is typically right at the right dropout
(no matter the OLD spacing), so the force is more concentrated on one
side. Despite the higher gear i run on ss/fixed bikes (as compared to
multi-gear bikes), i have had slippage when starting out if the q/r
isn't really tight. I agree than there's less fear in mashing a gear
when there's no (knock on wood) chance of the chain jumping off. Q/Rs
have been ok, still, I've converted my 2 current SS bikes over to
nutted hubs.

--
Bill Connell
St. Paul, MN