I love the steel bikes and the practical approach. I enjoy reading
Grants writing because I like to write too. I don't own a Riv frame
but I have purchased quite a bit from them in the last few years. I
especially want to thank Grant for the tip on Teva sandals and wool
clothing.......wow!  I always sensed what Grant was saying was correct
and that good bike fit, design, and the practical approach was just
being overlooked by the younger generation. I really like the no
nonsense viewpoint on the retentionless method of pedaling. I always
questioned the logic of being attached to those small uncomfortable
pedal cages while needing to wear hard soled "cycling shoes", just to
be able to bear the pain. There isn't much worth mentioning that I
don't like about Rivendell and the philosophy of cycling Grant
proposes. As a long time self employed person I understand under
capitalization and its effect on business. Because of that, I overlook
some of the inventory shortage problems. I don't believe many of us
remember how to wait for much of anything. Our fast food, instant
gratification culture has done wonders  towards making us a nation of
impatient cry babies. And now I shall step off my soapbox!