Steve, I think the term production is a little strained for bicycles
produced in a facility that still requires many hand operations by a
skilled craftman.  These operations, I suspect, do not involve much
that would be common with a production operation in a modern factory
with robot welding, etc.  Surely, the total yearly production of
frames by Waterford must be miniscule compared to a real factory
operation.

If you look at some of the options available on Waterford's own
models, for example:
http://waterfordbikes.com/now/pricelist.php?newstype=14seriesO.
there are many options available.  Again, I still can't see why there
could not be more flexibility for the Roadeo model options.  As I
stated at the outset, I'm not in the market, however if I was I'd
expect something more accommodating for a $2,000 frame.

Jim