> IMO, for a bike that's intended to be a modern club sport mount, DT
> shifters would be superfluous.

As my last post on the topic, I will concede the club angle most
likely is what I am missing here.  Bikes are my primary form of
transportation, I ride them to work, around town, for fun and on
vacation.  I use components that work for me.  I imagine clubs with
all the group dynamics and peer pressure make d/t a hard sell.  Too
bad, as d/t shifters are an elegant simple solution.  No one could
ever figure out how to command the kind of prices for them that
Shimano, SRAM, and Campy get for ergos.  And that is all she wrote.