> I know it's easy to see the steel and lugs and think "Ahhhh, Bob Jackson-ish"
> or "Just like my old
> Raleigh Competition," but those aren't the target with this one.

Grant, I follow your points, but this is not at all what started me on
this topic.

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Roadeo was a
lighter bike but with longish chain stays that can finally accommodate
modern wide but low rolling resistance tires like the 35 Schwalbe
Kojak.  Traditional race bikes - at least from the Merckx era on (my
first post is a response to an article saying the Roadeo is a shades
of Merckx bike) don't take tires much over 28mm.  I have passed on
buying some very lovely classic Italian frames because they could not
take the tires I want to use.

Admittedly, I know very little about club racing dynamics, but I
expect the majority of people who buy the Roadeo will never use tires
wider than a 28.  At least not when they are with the guys and gals at
the club.  Brifters or no, the bike as used - the tires part anyway -
will wind up having more in the Bob Jackson-ish and old Raleigh
Competition than the design intended.