Maybe I should make a new topic for this since cantilever brake set up is
one of those witchcraft kind of topics, but I'm posting it here anyway.

I think shortening the straddle cable only increases mechanical advantage
for low to medium profile cantilever brakes. The CR720 is a wide profile
brake, according to Sheldon's definition (cantilever angle greater than 90
degrees), and Sheldon's article deals primarily with low/narrow profile
models.

For the CR720, raising the straddle cable hanger moves the yoke angle
closer to 90 degrees and lowering it does the opposite. Can anyone show me
otherwise, or tell me a reason why that doesn't matter? I've been confused
by all the mixed information for a while now.

>From my own experience, I like how the CR720s feel with a very high
straddle cable, and Riv seems to set them up that way as well.

Paul in ATL