As long as the end of the catilever is above the pivot lowering the stradle
increases the mech advantage.
The static force analysis is cleaner if you do it with vertical and
horizontal components.
The vertical force at the cantilever end is always 1/2 the tension in the
brake cable, and that component of the total torque is invariant.
The horizontal force at the cantilever end tends towards infinity as the
straddle cable approaches horizontal. The lower it goes the higher the
force and so that component of the total torque increases as the straddle
cable is lowered.
QED