Here's a funny scheduling intersection....

I was talking with a cyclist yesterday and he asked if I was going to Ales
and Trails in July - turns out that this annual fundraiser held at China
Camp State Park (group meadow area - not where anyone will be camping) is
scheduled for Saturday, July 12.  So, if you happen to think you see
someone who may or may not have invented the Mountain Bike zip past you on
the trail, you may be correct.

More info:  http://www.alesandtrails.com/Home.html

Also (and still plan a more comprehensive local area resource list for
those out of town folk....) if you are going to just engage in "Day Use" of
the China Camp trails, there is a fee associated with access.  Those who
pay for camping have full access for no additional $ amount, but when
Friends of China Camp took over trail maintenance from the California State
Parks Department (funding issues in past years in CA), they began this.
 You can pay a fee at the kiosk near the main entrance.  You can also
purchase a year pass (runs for 365 consecutive days from purchase) for $35.
The website now lists the day passes for $3 - which seems to have been
reduced since I last checked.

http://www.friendsofchinacamp.org/trail_passes.html

More later!

- Jim / cyclofiend.com