"my chain-cleaning doesn't cut into
my riding time at all."

Metin didn't say that it did.  Metin merely said that if he were to
remove/soak/dry/relube his chain once every 3 or 4 days over a year, it
would be a time commitment that he could not afford.  The fact that you,
Steve, do have the time to remove/soak/dry/relube your chain every 3 or 4
days is great.  I bet your bikes work absolutely flawlessly all the time.
 They always look to be in top shape when you show photographs of them.