howdy folks,

We’ve been super happy with the Bobike Mini front child carrier for toting
around our nearly 2 year old for the last year. Combined with a large rear
saddlesack and front basket on the Bleriot, Betty, or Quickbeam, we’ve got
our daily urban transport needs just about covered (we just moved to
Houston, and while it’s not nearly as bike-friendly as Denver, it’s proved
surprisingly bike-able for our needs).

Our little guy is approaching the 33 lb suggested weight limit for the
Bobike, but more concerning to me is that his shoulders are now several
inches above the top of the backrest of the carrier and the shoulder straps
tend to work their way off his shoulders. So, I’ve been pondering our next
step.

I’ve considered getting a Yepp Maxi (or similar rear child carrier), and
while it would work great with my wife’s Betty, I think I might get tired
of throwing my leg over my already high (for me) top tubes.  And I would
have a hard time giving up my much used and loved large rear saddlesack.
 I’ve considered getting a Cheviot and setting it up similar to RBW
employee Keven’s that was spotlighted on the Blug, especially if I could
fit Big Bens and fenders on it (I’ve yet to reach out to Keven to see how
that setup is going). I have an Xtracycle that would also work with the
Yepp Maxi, but I was really hoping to let that bike go as we really don’t
use it often enough.

I feel I have reached the useful limit of my theoretical ponderings on the
matter and could really use some real world feedback from those of you with
experience.  All shared knowledge and lessons learned are much appreciated!

thanks,

Jay B.
Houston, TX