The Bobike setup looks familiar Jay, right down to the SON hub and B&M IQ
CYO headlight and brown tires! We're a few months behind you, so
unfortunately not much advice to offer on the next step. I have Bosco
Bullmoose bars which come out a bit higher than yours, and I'm able to
(just) swing my foot over the top tube with my butt on the saddle, so I'm
hoping I'll be OK with a rear seat. Otherwise, yeah, I've had the same
thought as you about a Cheviot instead. Trying to avoid a trailer in the
city - bulky and less maneuverable. Plus everything needs to fit in the
elevator up to our 5th floor apartment. If we lived in a rowhouse, or if
there were a bike room on the ground floor, we'd probably have a box bike
for around-town use.

https://flic.kr/p/okoA1R

Looking forward to others' suggestions/stories, though!

John
Washington, DC