On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Angus <angusle...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The only two things I have learned:
>
> Do use "chemical toe warmers" and wool socks.
> Don't wear Chuck Taylor All Stars...way too much airflow for winter
> riding.
>
> Angus
>
> On Oct 15, 8:21 am, jandrews_nyc <jasonaschwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There was recently a post about sneakers for cycling in...now that its
>> getting chilly...I"m wondering if there are any recommendations for
>> shoes to bike in...clip free of course, that are warm and not super
>> heavy and not offensive.
>> thanks

I wouldn't ride during winter in any shoes as prone to getting wet as
the All-Stars. Any decent running/light hiking shoe will be more
water- and wind-resistant and much warmer. The destination and
duration of a winter ride dictates shoe choice as much as anything
else. If i'm going out long with no or short stops, i'm more likely to
wear boots than if it's a 20-minute ride where i'll stay inside for 4
hours.

--
Bill Connell
St. Paul, MN