I think if you live in the northern US or Canada right now ....
everyone's freezing !!
It's just too cold too fast.  It seems just a few weeks ago I was
riding in the 70's here in Ohio ..... now it's 40.
Come February though .... that 40 degrees will look sweet, as we have
our "winter blood" .

I discovered all my feet really need to stay warm is decreased air
flow.  I used to think the answer was more insulation ..... but all
the insulation in the world won't help if it's lost by airflow. I
remember when I used to be more resistant to winter...... in the 80's
I used to ride in my Patagonia Pile jacket ..... these are quite
thick, but don't block a lick of wind.  I learned the limits of this
by riding to work in St. Paul one warm spring day ..... by night
though it was back below freezing.... and I hit the wall of frozen-
ness .. .  .  I had to call up a roommate to get picked up. I was just
frozen to the core .  Had I had something on to block some wind I'd
have been fine. Live and learn :)