I'm on the list for more than a year now.  I spoke to Mark the last
time I was at RBWHQ and he said my number will be up at the end of the
year.  I am somewhat surprised because I had expected a longer wait
when I first signed up.  Regardless, I'm very excited, and have both a
running list of what details I want and a collection of Riv-ish parts
for it.

Like Jeff, I'm aiming for a randonneur-style frame with clearance for
a 30-section tire with fenders.  I believe Grant prefer rear racks but
I'm hoping he'll design a frame/fork suitable for a Berthoud or Acorn
front bag; perhaps Grant and Mark (Nobilette) may even consent to
brazing up a simple custom front rack. :)  I'm also quite partial
towards Paul Racer brakes so I will have centerpull brake boss braze-
ons.  The bike will also have Honjo fenders on it full-time so I'll be
requesting braze-ons and bridges that allow fitting fenders without
brackets or hangers.  Of course, for such an occasion as a new custom
Rivendell, I may indulge a little aesthetic upgrades.

Finally, and this is way out there, I may ask if he is willing to
design the bike around the PegoRichie tubeset.  I'm about 165 lbs wet
and quite easy on equipment, and the intended use of this bike will be
for fast and long jaunts (not racing!).  Nevertheless, I realize the
tubing sizes may not be compatible with the Rivendell lugset.