Not even a stamp?    No names or logos seems like a pretty strict
requirement for an artisan to adhere to.    I only say this because I
wouldn't call a builder's identity 'advertising' if all it amounted to
was a stamp on the bottom bracket or something, and I certainly would
*not* look at a custom frame as merely equivalent to/a product of
someone's skill and time.   If something as personal as a custom
bicycle frame was built by human hands, whether it be an individual or
multiple people, I think it should have some marking to identify those
hands.