I'll also add that it's interesting to me how the fat tire deal really grows on
you (or me) rather quickly and it wasn't long before even the 3-inchers felt
pretty much normal. I remember looking at a Krampus with 3" knards in the
Universal Cycles showroom in Portland and thinking "my god, what have I done. .
.", ordering a 29+ Jones creation basically on faith. I chose not to ask to
test ride the Surly (since it was raining and I had no intention of buying one)
and just told myself the exuberant JJ praise on the internet must be real. So
glad I was an early adopter of the Plus.

 On my test ride with the Super Motos the 60mm tires even felt a little
clownish. However, the wider = more rolling resistance thing really is a
(false) matter of perception with the right setup, and it wasn't long before I
was in love with the inherent suppleness and stability of a truly fat tire. No
fear of washing out on fast gravel descents is so great. When I get a bottle
dynamo and switchover my light system and rear rack from the Hillborne this
will really be the bike I longed for but didn't think was possible: fast,
tough, stable and packable/fendered(?)/tour-able.

Another big difference (which no longer feels novel) is how the greater inertia
of the heavier wheelset makes cruising feel effortless on flat to low-grade
sections. Also, Jeff Jones mentions the somewhat  abstract-sounding concept of
"riding in the bike" on his website, but this bike really does feel more like
an extension of my body and the ride is just a lot of fun because everything is
so much easier on the body.

I'll try and get some more pictures this weekend with the Plus in its natural
singletrack surroundings!