Patrick,

Nice slant on an old topic. And I like the Zen aspect.

I get what Garth is saying, and well the truth is the truth if your willing to
accept it. We all have our own time frame. And all these material things are
transitory, we can't take them with us where we're going. Another way to
perceive it is that we are care taking them for the next caretaker. Ownership
is an illusion.

Regarding the thread, I have 4 bikes. 1. A. Homer 2. Atlantis 3. 1984 Trek 660
4. 1995 Salsa Ale Carte MTB. The 660 will be built this Summer and the Salsa
needs some work new cockpit. Thinking about those Jones bars. And the Jones
bikes are so tempting. Mike thanks for the feedback very helpful.

If I had one bike and only one bike then it would be the Hilsen it can and does
handle most everything I throw at it! Road & dirt with aplomb.This of course is
based on the current type of riding I do. Like others I rationalized the need
to have multiple bikes and so I built the Atlantis. It's nice to have different
bikes dedicated to different purposes. But as I get older and contemplate
retirement I'm sure I'll thin the herd. The latest temptation would be a fat
tire bike. I keep rolling the notion around my head whether I'd really use it
enough? And then I tell myself that's why I purchased the Atlantis. Ah first
the world dilemma!

As my Father always says "make do with what you have"

~Hugh
 Los Angeles, CA