A little off-topic, but in addition to the BG half clips, the King Cages folks
make an unusual kind of cage/toe clip that is REALLY comfortable.  Pic here on
my A.N.T. Truss Bike.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/37542512@N04/8088486740/in/set-72157630285823166

From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Adler
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2015 2:03 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: So is it the pedals or is it the shoes that count?

MKS does a similar Lyotard-Berthet knockoff, as the Urban Platform Ezy Superior.

http://www.mkspedal.com/English/catalog4.htm

Both the superelegant WI version and the MKS version are much bigger than the
original Lyotard pedals, which are all but unusable for anyone with feet bigger
than about Size 7, unless you have toeclips. MKS also does a wire-cage
half-clip similar to Bruce Gordon's (my recollection of the timeline is that
MKS had them before Bruce did). Outside Outfitters has the pedals for
$38<http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/ps-27010-195-mks-urban-platform-pedals.aspx>
 and the toeclips for
$21<http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/ps-27009-195-mks-stainless-steel-toe-clips-straps.aspx>,
 so it's a fairly inexpensive experiment.

Personally, I gave up on Lyotard Berthets for anything except retro-fetish
reasons; they're too small for my 10.5 Amurrrican feet, and they're made out of
a wussy soft steel - the kicktabs bend if you look at them crosseyed. The
modern pedals are a lot more rugged.