I've damaged plenty of sidewalls, but the only time it ever mattered was
when riding tubeless. The Snakeskin sidewalls are fine, but you'll be
sacrificing a bit of suppleness. Definitely gaining protection in the
bargain, so nothing wrong with that!

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 7:32 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> I suspect you're right, David. It may be overkill having the snakeskin.
> That's what I get for reading so many reviews from people I don't know (I
> at least feel like I know you all a bit) who tore their sidewalls on rocky
> trails. The Smart Sam's have a beefier casing, but none of the protection,
> but perhaps I needlessly sacrificed supple sidewalls.
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick
>
> On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 7:25:57 PM UTC-6, cyclot...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> I don't think the Snakeskin sidewalls are really needed unless you're
>> running tubeless. Weak sidewalls are the bane of a tubeless system, but
>> with tubes, it's not really a problem. YMMV.
>>
>  --

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal