Dustin Sharp Sent:

Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:05 PM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBW] Re: Atlantis on the Great Divide Route?

>Plenty of people have proved you can do it fully rigid...

>...From the pics, it seems like most of the route is dirt road--not gnarly
>singletrack. That said, I'm sure there are a number of sections where
>suspension would make the whole adventure a lot more comfortable...

Washboard.  Miles and miles and miles of washboard'd dirt road.  That's about
the worst you'll see from the reports I've read.  If you can handle that on a
rigid bike, you're set.

I just got my first custom bike, a 650b-wheeled, Softtail Curtlo.  I think it'd
be about perfect for the GDR (with a BOB trailer)

It's not a Riv bike, but pics are here for the curious:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40738...@n08/

Steve Frederick, East Lansing, MI