"Washboard.  Miles and miles and miles of washboard'd dirt road.
That's about the worst you'll see from the reports I've read.  If you
can handle that on a rigid bike, you're set."

The solution for this would be a Softride suspension stem. I had one
of those on my MB-2 in the early 90s and it was great. In fact, one of
those would work well on an Atlantis. I bet you could even pick one up
NOS. I'd look into it.

--mike