That sounds like a nice set up, Joel!  Have you seen the Singular Peregrine
with an Alfine?  A guy's got one on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?ss=1&w=all&q=singular+alfine+peregrine&m=text

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:04 AM, JoelMatthews <joelmatth...@mac.com> wrote:

> Yes.  T'would be nice if Shimano and Sram and Rohloff for that matter
> would get to work on producing levers for their IGHs.  Strumey-Archer
> will offer a down tube shifter for its forthcoming fixed 3 - speed
> hub.  Maybe that will start something.
>
> Curtis Inglis is trying to modify a J-Tek for use as a down tube
> shifter on my forth coming Alfine equipped Retrotec.  Hope it works
> out, as for now, it does not appear he will be able to get another.
>
> On Dec 6, 11:56 am, Sarah Gibson <sadieja...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > travel agent? duh!
> >
> > why didnt i think bout that
> >
> > thanks fer the info
> >
> > will have to hunker down in the shop this week and try it
> >
> > tho i really do hope that shimano takes notice that
> >
> > there is indeed a market for a "quality" road style shifter
> >
> > the trigger and grip shift style ar whole inadequate quality-wise
> >
> > for anything but entry level city sorta bikes
> >
> > not necessarily how they work perse
> >
> > but asthetically
> >
> > and thats important to me i have to say
> >
> > peace
> >
> > well behaved women rarely make history
> > _ride yr friggin bicycle_
> >

> > > Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:25:18 -0800
> > > Subject: [RBW] Re: 8-Speed Jtek Bar End Shifter
> > > From: psh...@drm.com
> > > To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com

> > > using an 8spd bar end shifter with a travel agent was in vogue for a
> > > while - it actually works great. i know a fella who's been running
> > > this set-up for about 3 years with no problems.
> >
> > > --

> rbw-owners-bunch+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<rbw-owners-bunch%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
> .
> groups.google.com/group/rbw-owners-bunch?hl=en.

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy