What the Deacon said.

I had a low-speed crash a few years ago that was caused by an unintentional
experiment in low tire pressure (a slow leak). As I was making a turn, my front
wheel squirmed around so much that I lost control and went down.

I can also notice too-low pressure when I'm riding on the streets straddling
painted pavement lines. Going up and down the slightly raised lines feels funny
(which usually alerts me to the fact that I need to fix another leak).

Excessive squirminess is the downside (for me) to running large-volume tires at
low pressures.

--Eric N
www.CampyOnly.com
CampyOnlyGuy.blogspot.com