I spent a bit of time installing a set of B65 SKS fenders on my Joe Appaloosa
last night. I will post Images when I get to my computer.  Normally one would
mount the front fender stays to the eyelet under the fork tips. That eyelet is
occupied by my Nitto Big Front rack. That rack has a threaded hole on that
attachment plate so I mounted my front fender stays to the rack. This slightly
lower mount point necessitated longer stays. I had purchased an extra stay kit
on the same trip to Riv, so I had what I needed on hand.

The rear fender took a decent amount of work, as many rear fenders do. The
chain stay and seat stay bridges are both about 1" from the tire (24-26mm)
which is a terrific place to start. The leading edge of the rear fender needed
some dremel work to fit between the chainstays and to clear the chain when it's
on the small chainring. After doing that I test fit it to mark the spot to
drill the fender to bolt directly to the seatstay bridge. I mounted my rear
fender stays to one of the M6 eyelets. I had to hunt a bit to find a pair of
matching short M6 bolts. At any rate it turned out well. It might have been
frustrating if it was my first fender install.