I've had disc brakes on 4 bikes now, two cable actuated and two hydraulic.
Honestly, I think hydros are so much better and not that much more
difficult to setup compared to cable pull. I'd honestly rather use hydros
because they are easier to pull (1 finger braking), more powerful, and have
consistent feel and I felt that the cable actuated brakes lacked that
performance. TRP does have a brake that has all the hydros in the caliper,
but I've never used them. Bleeding brakes isn't difficult at all, but I may
be approaching this from a different place because in a past life I was an
automotive mechanic where bleeding brakes is normal. I don't find it weird
or difficult at all to setup a hydraulic braking system on a bike.

I find cantis to be a regular pain in the butt to setup and adjust, and was
always a little befuddled why people liked them over V-brakes, which I find
much easier to set and forget.