On 05/31/2016 12:30 PM, Tim Butterfield wrote:
James,
Nice looking bike.

Your mention of and picture of the saddlebag reminds me of something I noticed when browsing the ahomerhilsen tag on flickr. It seems that when a Homer has only a single bag mounted, it is most likely to be a saddlebag and not a bar bag. Does the geometry of the AHH make this the preferred spot if only carrying a single bag?

Yes, definitely.

I had thought to start my AHH with just a bar bag like on my AWOL, but if the AHH handles better with a saddlebag, I may need to rethink that.

A lightly loaded bag, no problem, but Riv geometry is not right for a heavily loaded bag. They pretty much don't seem to notice even outrageous rear loads. You've seen photos of some of the ginormous rear bags Riv sells.