Ahhh, the bags... I have tested (and still haven't sold) so many bags...

Here are my thoughts for you to consider,
- Smaller loads like a jacket, tools, U-Lock, some LCHF food -> Acorn Large
Saddlebag (which is small by RBW standards. I love it for day use and
actually when it's warm, it mostly goes quite empty. I like the style and
build very much, but it's hard to get as the production is small and not
constant.
- If you want a similar small load but also want to carry your iPad or 11"
laptop, then the Small Saddlesack is quite nice. Too small for a 13" laptop.
- Larger loads but don't necessarily need rear rack support -> Any of the
Carradice saddlebags. I have two, one larger than the other that I've
hardly used, but I really like them. Always used them supported by a rear
rack though. Not practical if you want to carry a 13" or larger laptop.
- Rack support required: The most versatile is probably the Sackville
Medium Saddlesack. 13" laptop with protective thick sleeve fits perfectly,
as well as extra clothes and whatever else you may want for a day. I've
used the Large one on the two S24Os I've done, and like it a lot but IMO
it's just massive for day to day use unless you are always going shopping
on the bike.

Note that depending on the rear rack you use, including the marvelous R14,
depending on the presence/absence/shape of the tombstone, the rear larger
saddlebags may be iffy to setup properly if you are "picky" about these
things like the bag lying perfectly flat on the rack, not distorted, etc.

I need to line up all my bags, take photos and put them for sale, since
I've pretty much settled on what I'm using/keeping and what I'm not, but
it's been fun. I just love bags!

As for the mount for the Varia radar, the site you pointed me to also sells
the adapter to fit it on the strap that most of these bags have for a rear
light, which would not require the use of the rack. When I get mine in a
couple of weeks, I'll post some photos so you can check it out.

René