Ah, the ghost shifting isn't happening when you ride it. Yes, I think it's an
issue with hubby not being experienced with friction shifting. This probably
isn't helped by those weird friction-with-clicks shifters Riv specs on the CLEM
completes..I would think it's confusing to friction-shift a lever that thinks
it's indexed.

Btw, I love your Betty. That blue with red lug cutouts is one of the prettiest
paint jobs River has ever done.