On 06/05/2016 06:23 PM, ian m wrote:
1. When you are so used to an comfortable with the feel of your bike, anyone else's feels off. If you rode his for a week, making minor adjustments to the fit, there's no doubt you would find the perfect set up. Also, those Bosco bars push you REALLY far back. I didn't like the feel of them when I test rode a Clem and I'm happy I went with the bullmoose bars.

2. The Clem would be happy with the Nitto Mark's rack, or any of the bigger ones.

3. I am of the firm opinion that the combination of those Sunrace shifters and the Altus derailer are a problem. I used the same shifters with an old Shimano XTR derailer and had perfect crisp shifts for a year. Once that derailer wore out I went with the Altus on Riv's recommendation and have had nothing but problems. I would suggest upgrading the derailer to something like the Deore or XT derailer Riv offers.

What could the issue be with the Altus derailleur?