Just thought I'd throw in my experience.  I've been using zip ties to
secure front baskets to front racks on my bikes for a number of years
because one time I bought 400 zip ties at the hardware store, and I'd
really like to use them all before I kick the bucket.  I don't usually put
anything that heavy in the baskets, but sometimes I do (camp fire logs, for
instance).  One time I was getting on my bicycle, and I noticed one of the
zip ties attaching my basket to its rack had broken, so I reached into my
saddle bag and pulled out a new one and secured it where the old one had
been.  That was roughly a year and a half ago, if memory serves.  I always
carry a few extra zip ties in my saddle bags because they weigh nothing and
they've proven super useful over the years for fixing random roadside
mishaps and getting me or a friend home without having to call for
motorized help.  And again, I've still got more than 300 zip ties to put to
use.  The clock is ticking!