Anton, lets not go off on a tangent here,  there's a huge difference between
one or a few stickers tastefully applied and a whole bunch of them randomly
covering almost every available space. I recall somewhere a picture of
someone's orange Cheviot (Keven ?) Literally,  plastered with stickers, it
looked terrible,  but I think that was rather the point! Urban camouflage!
Which although disconcerting is understandable.  A bunch of zip ties could
certainly add to this esthetic.
I know Grant loves low tech, beusage,patina, etc., but in my experience it
should be earned & come by honestly.  Very few people can fake it convincingly
and why would you really want to!? But, then I don't like pre washed jeans
either; why would I buy jeans that are partially worn out already? Hmmmm, maybe
there's a market for pre used bikes!? Buy a bike use it & sell for more money!
I like it!