My Wald basket (from Riv) is attached to my Soma rack with zip ties. Four
of them are black and stout. Four of them are white and of medium heft.
They've been there for nine months. I commute five days a week and park my
bike outdoors, albeit in the shade. I can neither see nor feel any
degradation of the zip ties so far. But if one or more should break, I,
like Bill, will report it to the list in the interest of science and
safety. Then I might buy a bag of those stainless steel zip ties that Tim
found!

But what I really want to know is: Bill, are standard zip ties actually
recyclable? The zip ties that I've seen are nylon, and my
curbside-recycling-collection
people do not mention nylon as an acceptable material. Please advise.

Evan overthinking zip ties Elliot in San Francisco, CA