I'm a sceptic.  There's a difference between what your agent tells you
and what the insurance adjuster eventually says.  Basically, your
agent is the sales guy... (s)he is going to tell you whatever you
really want to hear.

In the case of my accident, my Quickbeam was destroyed.  I'd rebuilt
my bicycle with dynamo, different wheels, Phil rear hub and bottom
bracket, Nitto front / rear racks, Brooks saddle, lights, pedals,
Brooks bar wrap, etc.  The adjuster offered $400 for the replacement
value of the bicycle. It took over 40 weeks to come to a more
realistic figure of what the bicycle was "worth." It was one of the
more miserable experiences I've had to go through.

How does one put a value on a bicycle that one cannot go out and buy?
Given the nature of the Rivendell products, how would I place a value
on my Atlantis?  How about a custom?  How does one go about being
reimbursed for a multi-year wait?  How about parts that you cannot go
out and buy?

If you've ever tried to justify your bicycle expenditures to someone
INTERESTED in your bicycle, just wait until you have to try to justify
it to someone holding the checkbook who's job it is to close the claim
for the least amount possible.

Clearly, there could be a better solution similar to specialty auto
insurance that people might use for collector cars.