I hated the stock grips. Quite happy with the Ergons with bar ends. They don't
interefere with the fold but do need to be cut. Not at all difficult to do.

I have no problem with the shifters or brakes. Kool stop pads are a noticeable
improvement.

I used a Carradice saddle bag for year, moving it from bike to bike as needed.
I sprung for a c bag a few months ago and I really like it. So cool how easily
it clicks into place. Taxi drivers are impresed. It is biggger than I expected
though, and doesn't hold its shape well. Kind of looks like a stuffed pillow
case sometimes. Who care? It holds a ton.

I currently have a Brompton tire in front and Marathon plus in the rear. The
idea of fixi g a flat in the field scares me. And the tires are light enough
anyway.

Finally, a thought on the difference between 700c and 16" wheels. Heavier
wheels require more energy input to spin up to speed, but they hold it better.
I.e., they have more inertia. The Brompton is easier to get up to speed but
doesn't coast as far. You have to add more energy to "top off" the inertia in
the wheel since you didn't put as much in to start with. So on a long straight
run it should be a wash. But consider the constant stop and go of urban
commuting at rush hour. Now the lower inertia means you don't waste as much
energy each time you brake. At least that's what I tell the engineers at work
when they forget I have gears and insist the small wheel must means I have to
pedal more.

Bikes are fun.

Jay