The HHH crank PLAN is for 44x34x24 with 38T timing rings, and only the 44
aluminum---because small rings wear faster and timing rings--not sure if
the straight chainpath reduces wear enough to compensate for the aluminum
so we just went with steel. The cost diff was not a factor--we save a
dollar per ring by going to steel, but if you think THAT was enough to be
factor, then you have no been following our decades of financial flub-ups
and profligate ways.

Also IN THE PLAN, are chainring guards, at least for the timing side. I
don't remember whether we requested them for the triple part..