I cant speak to the legolas, but have a 93 RB-1 and several Rivendells,
including a Rambouillet which is closer to a traditional, quick road bike than
most of the models they've made.  To me, the RB and the rivs are entirely
different animals, and its almost impossible to find similarities.

The RB is light and springy and nimble, but its also twitchy handful that
requires me to pay constant attention while im riding.  The ram feels stout and
rigid by comparison (probably doesn't "plane"), and the geometry (the longer
chainstays in particular) allows me to relax, shift my weight around, sit up,
or ride no-hands if i want. The ram has much worse TCO, but that might be
expected since i have fenders on it.

I like both, both are beautiful, and both fit well - which is why i keep them.
(That's a rare and hard to find thing, for me.)  The RB makes you want to
sprint and go for an aethletic ride and is great for that purpose. But in the
end, i will always grab the Riv.  Its just worlds away in terms of comfort, and
that wins out.