Is it that important to have mega-stopping power on the rear end of your
bicycle?   I've got some fairly blingy xtr parallel push v-brakes on the
rear end of my mountainhack, and they do stop the wheel really well, but
when they stop the wheel on basically any sort of surface the thing breaks
loose and just sliiiides along.
Pari-Motos, so not the sort of tread that can bite into a rocky path, but
even in this past winter when everything was covered with snow and I had
studded tires on the thing the rear wheel would still break loose and
slither across the ice unless I flung myself way back to get more weight on
that wheel.

-david parsons