I'll second Joe's comment.  The absolute worst allen keys are the kind that
come along with something like a set of furniture from Ikea.  They're made
to be used once and that's about it.  After that throw them away.  It's
well worth while to spend the coin to get a decent, high quality set of
keys.  They will fit better and hold up longer.

I'll also give a +1 to Bill's previous comment.  The smaller hex key bolts
are the worst.  Clearly, they are not intended to handle much torque.  The
most common place I've encountered a problem with these (non-bike) are in
places like the headless hex bolts used to secure something like a thin
mobile antenna wire to an antenna mount.  Hopefully they don't get applied
to bikes much except with accessories.