I'll take the other side of the argument on this one.  While light supple
tires perform well riding unloaded, on a long tour in the summer, with
25-30 lbs of gear, expect significantly more flats than you are used to.
Perhaps not sidewall cuts or other structural damage but punctures from
tire wires, small bits of glass, thorns, etc.

For a trip such as you describe, I would go with something from Schwalbe.
Yes, they will weigh considerably more than the Compass.  40 mm Marathon
Supremes are 500 grams, & their offerings go up from there.  They are not
supple like Compass.  But you will get far fewer flats.  It just depends on
your tolerance for fixing flats.  Especially with long, back to back days
of riding, with a load, the decrease in tire performance will not be a
hindrance.  In fact, if you don't overly inflate them, Schwalbes can be
cushy with a load.

Once you get home from the trip, change back to the high performance tires
and your bike will feel like it's old self, especially without any load.

dougP