Hi All,
The simple one for sale got me to thinking about doing something similar
with a fixie frame I made at United Bicycle Institute a few years ago.
IIRC you can put 2 closely spaced chainrings up front.  Then in the rear
with flip flop hub, you can use a double freewheel on one side and even a
double fixed cog on the other.  Is this right?  How close do the chainrings
and cogs need to be to avoid having to change the chain length?  Can you
use a "crossover" gear, i.e. one chainring with either of the cogs in the
rear (FW or fixed), or do they need to be in the same plane?  Will it work
with a standard track dropout or was there something unique on the simple
one/quickbeam?

Can someone give me examples of the gearing they use?  What double crank
works or do I have to make a custom one?  My frame was originally built
with a 120 rear but I respaced it to 126...will that work?  Are flip flop
wheels available with quick release, and is it OK for fixed gear riding?
 I'm wondering how often I would change the gears if I needed a wrench for
the axle nut.

Lots of questions, sorry, but I'm thinking it would make an interesting
project.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
NYC