And that's why you hoard (and watch eBay). The good thing about rapidrise
is that given the same vintage, they tend to cost less than the normal rise
counterparts. The springs don't really wear out (especially when you have
five bikes) and pulleys are easy enough to source and replace. I also have
several spares in my bin in case a derailleur gets destroyed on a
trail/dirt ride.

Franklyn