Most of the time bikes are ridden away. Also most thieves in the US are
likely unfamiliar with ring locks and may just be surprised enough to move
on.

My lock has a plug-in cable that allows you to fix it to a rack or post.
They make plug-in chains as well. My bike is also a really heavy Dutch Bike
that wouldn't be all that easy to carry away.

Lastly, the rear wheel can't be removed from the bike without cutting the
lock. The lock, even when disengaged from the seat stays, can't fit through
the triangle.  So using a ring/frame lock with a U-lock protects your rear
wheel from theft.