On 02/05/2018 10:57 PM, Patrick Moore wrote:
Damned right!

Patrick Moore, with his little Dremel, his little hacksaw, his little bastard file, and his little grinding wheel, in ABQ, NM

Related image

The spirit that sacked Rome is hardly fazed by the likes of a fender eyelet...

But Laing, leaving these philistines aside, I have to agree with you -- a roady Riv with the practicality left to other bikes. After all, the principal reason for riding a bike is /FUN/ and practicality is a very distant second value; saving the earth is an even more distant 3d -- though practical and earth friendly are hardly to be sneered at. But /FUN/ is the /summum bonum/ of bike riding, unless you do it because you can't afford a car and have no bus routes; and if you are that sort, you won't be buying a Riv, let me tell you.

But how much fun is a soaking wet a$$?

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia