Tim,

I also agree with others, but might further suggest a new wheelset. This
way if you want dirt riding, you can have one wheelset wear some knobbies,
and the other wheelset for your light roadish tires.

However, if you're looking for an excuse to buy a bike to begin with...i
think the cheviot would be a nice choice to cover around town and leisurely
rides. The Frank Jones SR also looks swell and I would get one as well.