I can say that the Wahoo Kickr is the best trainer I've ever owned, and
I've owned a few of them. Easy to remove a bike on and off and no
tensioning of the tire needed. Great product.

But, a second rear wheel is really the least expensive and still user
friendly option. It's the way I did it for years. I had an aftermarket
wheelset for my roadbike and used the OEM wheel as the trainer wheel.
Seemed to work well.

But...a second bike. Who could fault that?  N+1!!!